Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Chrismukkah!


My husband's family is Jewish and mine is Catholic so we celebrate both holidays now. Even before the kids were thought of and before we were married, living on Long Island, I would put up a small tree in our rental and we would decorate it with blue and silver bulbs and call it our "Hanukkah tree." This has actually become a tradition now each year.

I started a new one this year.... trying to prepare Hanukkah foods. Dylan is a picky eater so I thought this was a good opportunity to try some new foods. I made potato Latkes, homemade applesauce and pastry puffs. Dylan tried the Latkes... which he ate at first but then decided he didn't like them very much. He then gave them to baby brother and ate the rest of his applesauce. Evan had no complaints! We then had our pastry puff and there is no question that everyone liked those... fried with sugar :D

I wish I would have remembered this sooner, but a couple years ago, I found this site: www.chrismukkah.com
It has everything one needs for Chrismukkah!

1 comment: