Thursday, January 22, 2009

Putting together media kits


I put together my own media kits with the help of a list that my copywriter gave to me on what to include. I decided I wanted to keep it as simple and straight forward as possible. I wanted the magazine editors to be able to open the package and have all the info they needed in front of them without having to sort through too much info.

These are the things I decided to put into my media kit package:

Press Release
Current Product Reviews
Q&A Sheet (or FAQ)
Product Photo Shots
Retail Price List
CD with high resolution images
Samples
Hand written note to editor
Business card








So far, I haven't had any requests from major magazines like Cookie or Parenting but I have pretty good responses from local magazines across the U.S.

And no, Ellen Degeneres still has not contacted me!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bubele! Great blog. Welcome to MBC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris! I found you through the Mom Bloggers Club and wanted to stop in and say hi.

    Your kit looks great! I visited your site and the products are just adorable. I hope you have great success!

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some Great products here...I found you on MBC...and am adding your button to my blog...I wish you much luck...and I am definitely thinking of getting something...the hats alone are so adorable....

    ReplyDelete